10 tips for provider enrollment professionals
October 7, 2019
by Dina Solis, PESC, owner and principal consultant of Sonoma Credentialing Services
To new or seasoned enrollment professionals, I offer the following helpful 10 tips:
- Start the process as early as possible and collect as much of the application information as possible in advance.
- Submit clean and complete applications to minimize delays.
- Keep good notes and stay organized throughout the process.
- Follow up consistently with payers for status inquiries.
- Respond quickly to requests for additional information from payers.
- Stay in good communication with all stakeholders.
- Limit the use of paper and automate wherever possible to expedite processes.
- Keep close track of provider expirables and revalidation dates to maintain enrollment.
- Network with peers and don’t be afraid to ask for help. It’s nearly impossible to know everything about enrollment, and your peers can be incredible resources.
- When frustration hits (and it frequently does in this industry), take a deep breath and remember that you have the whole enrollment community as your support system!
Found in Categories:Provider Enrollment