Nine tips for running an effective medical staff meeting
Many medical staffs bemoan the fact there are too many meetings that are poorly run, poorly attended, generally a waste of time, and often without any definitive outcome(s). Do you want this to be the assessment of a meeting run by you?
In The Medical Staff Leader’s Practical Guide author William K. Cors, MD, MMM, FACPE, offers nine quick tips to help medical staff leaders run an effective meeting.
- The higher-level view: acknowledge that things have changed
- Don’t meet unless there is a reason to do so
- Plan in advance of the flood
- Start on time
- Limit the conversation (when needed)
- Keep the meeting on track
- When appropriate, take an item offline
- End on time
- Invest in leaders