Privileging APPs: Issues and Solutions
The exponential increase in the use of advanced practice professionals (APP) in ambulatory and acute care settings has increased patient access to care. However, this availability has put stress on the credentialing community. The C-suite, medical staff leaders, and MSPs struggle with delineating privileges and defining measures of competence for advance practice nurses and physician assistants. As soon as a good delineation of privileges (DOP) is established, it becomes outdated due to another request for expanded privileges.
Join expert speaker Carol S. Cairns, CPMSM, CPCS, for this 90-minute webinar as she breaks down CMS’ and accreditors’ requirements for delineation of APP privileges and highlights privileging issues unique to APPs. She takes participants through the many resources available for APP DOPs and discusses problematic issues related to competence assessment. Cairns also helps attendees create a process to address the ever-increasing requests to expand APP privileges.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the requirements of CMS and accreditors for delineating APP privileges
- Highlight privileging issues unique to APPs
- Identify resources available for APP DOPs
- Discuss problematic issues related to competence assessment
- Focus on how to respond to increasing requests to expand APP privileges